clock and printer_passwd_troubles

hi list,

maybe a stupid question, but nevertheless...

i have etch installed on one of my hd's, with a kde-desktop. like allways i built this os from an absolute minimum of packages.

last night i tried to install my hp-printer with the kde-tool : kcontrol >> peripherals >> printers etc. *the kde-printertool did not recognize my root_passwd* with the adjustment of the digital clock on the desktop it is the same thing.

{in both cases it was easy to work around this problem. the hp_printer psc_1402 with localhost:631 and the clock with # tzconfig.)

i vaguely remember i read something before on these problems on this list, but could not find it.

somebody else with the same experience??  any comment appreciated,

thanks on advance,

regards,

steef