Re: Starting iptables

cothrige writes:
> Interesting what you say about ipmasq.  How automatic is it?  I would
> have assumed that it had more to do with making your machine a gateway,
> which mine isn't, than firewalling itself.  I am assuming that it does
> both?

The name is misleading.  Ipmasq configures both NAT and firewalling.  The
default configuration is suitable for most, but you can tweak the scripts
to do whatever you need.

However, it is not clear that you need a firewall at all.  If you have only
the one machine, just don't open any ports.
--
John Hasler