Re: AVG anti-virus

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 10:21:15AM +0200, steef wrote:
hi list,

AVG (www.grisoft.com) has a in their opinion 'free' anti-virusprogram AVG. does debian (i.c. sarge and or etch) really need such a program? and, what is free? i cannot find their source-code on their webpage.

your comments on this topic are highly appreciated,

AVG offers a free, limited version of their windows anti-virus program
and its actually pretty good (I use it on my wife's win box and I
recommend it to my kool-aid drinking friends). It is free, in that you
don't have to pay for it. it is not free as we debianistas know free
software... do they now have a linux version?

[*snip*]

I looked into this and it turns out that they do have a Linux version available.
But apparently only as an rpm.
Is there any way to install an rpm on Debian...?
I guess a good 2nd question to ask would be, if so, does it seem to work well? =P

- GM