Re: firewalling, imap, DMZ's etc.

Joe wrote:

> I'd go along with that. I run sshd on a non-standard port, to
> avoid the automated attacks, and forward IMAP to the remote
> machine. Since it's normally a Windows one, I have puTTY and
> my encrypted private key on a USB drive, and configure Outlook
> or Outlook Express to talk to my IMAP server as necessary,
> deleting the account afterwards.

Perhaps you would be interested in the Thunderbird Portable:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable

The Portable Apps site has lots of programs that will run from a
USB key. I have a set of apps on my key for when I work off-site.

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd