gid option on ext3 in fstab

Hi

I want all files on a partition, used as a nfs-share, to have
"utysket" as group. Earlier I had a script to run every second hour
to set the right group. But then i remembered the gid option in fstab.
/dev/hdc1       /Lager/01       ext3    gid=utysket,noexec,defaults
       0       2

But it doesn't work:
main:~# mount /Lager/01/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

EXT3-fs: Unrecognized mount option "gid=1002" or missing value

I use the same option on my laptop (mounting vfat partition), and it
works. So i don't what to do different.

BTW how much real difference do extra mount option, such as noexec
and etc., do to enhance security?

Best Regards

/Lars