Re: Debian Weekly News?

On Friday 13 October 2006 20:40, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 01:30:12AM +0100, Wulfy wrote:
> > Joey Hess wrote:
> > >I've considered taking over writing DWN again (if you're confused, I'm
> > >the other Joey who originally started it in '99). However, it's not
> > >clear to me that DWN is still relevant enough to be worth the large
> > >amount of work it takes to maintain it[1]. A lot of communication is
> > > done on Planet Debian, wikis and in other forms that were not around
> > > when DWN was
> > >started, and that may be a better way to keep up with what's going on
> > >in Debian than DWN.
> >
> > The problem with this is the same as the problem with fora vs. mailing
> > lists.  DWN comes to me...  with Planet Debian and the rest, I have to
> > go to them to find out if there's anything of interest to me....
>
> With Planet Debian and the rest, you can just use RSS aggregation.

It is not the same however. There is also another crucial (well, atleast to
me) difference. In planet debian, the author can choose to remove their posts
after some period. Where as in a mailing list kind of interface, when I get
the email, I get to keep it forever.

raju

--
http://groups.google.com/group/ask-anything/about