Re: Debian Weekly News?

Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Friday 13 October 2006 12:10, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:50:41AM -0800, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> > > From the September 26 DWN:
> > >
> > > As Debian experiments with funding, the author of DWN is going to
> > > experiment with spending less time on Debian. Please understand that due
> > > to this there may be no future issues of DWN in the current form or that
> > > they will only be released less frequently.
> >
> > I'd say that is quite poor form/sour grapes/whatever.
>
> I don't know if it had anything to do with the Debian funding, I thought it
> was just a segue.  But I could be wrong.

I think Joey meant to at least imply a casual connection.

I've considered taking over writing DWN again (if you're confused, I'm
the other Joey who originally started it in '99). However, it's not
clear to me that DWN is still relevant enough to be worth the large
amount of work it takes to maintain it[1]. A lot of communication is done
on Planet Debian, wikis and in other forms that were not around when DWN was
started, and that may be a better way to keep up with what's going on
in Debian than DWN.

--
see shy jo

[1] And I'm no longer employed at a job that lets me do it on work time
    either.