Re: Etch and openoffice: how to downgrade

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
> I need some other help.
>
> Brad Sawatzky wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> >> I need to downgrade OO from 2.0.4 rc 3-1 to 2.0.3.
> >> How can I do this?
[ ... ]
> > With luck it is as simple as (for example):
> >   sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-impress_2.0.3-6.deb
[ ... ]
> > This also requires you to have the old version in your apt cache.  If you
> > don't you should be able to download it from <http://snapshot.debian.net>.
> >
> I'm a little confused here.
> I was not able to download the package from there.

Try commenting out your normal source lines in /etc/apt/sources.list and
add:
  deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/08/20/debian unstable main contrib non-free
then try
  apt-get update
  apt-get install openoffice.org=2.0.3-6
That should downgrade the whole kit for you.  It looks like you'll run into
dependency problems if you just install the old impress package by
itself...

Don't forget to:
  1) restore your old source lines, and
  2) pin openoffice.org at 2.0.3-6 until 2.0.4 is fixed.

FYI, I just did a 'package search' for openoffice.org-impress and poked
around to find the appropriate date.  You can find the individual debs at
  <http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/08/20/debian/pool/main/o/openoffice.org/>
If you want to brute-force it you can always download the individual
packages and install them using dpkg.

HTH,
-- Brad