Re: Etch and openoffice: how to downgrade

Thanks a lot.
I need some other help.

Brad Sawatzky wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
>

>> I need to downgrade OO from 2.0.4 rc 3-1 to 2.0.3.
>> How can I do this?
>>
>> If you ask why, because oo impress chrashes when you try to add 2
>> clipart from gallery (I've sent a message to the package mantainers)
>>

> With luck it is as simple as (for example):
>   sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-impress_2.0.3-6.deb
>
> That just installs the old version of OOimpress and leaves the rest of OO
> alone.  If I'm reading the 'Depends:' for 2.0.3-6 correctly, that should
> work.  YMMV.

Sorry to say that there are only the 2.04 versions
> This also requires you to have the old version in your apt cache.  If you
> don't you should be able to download it from <http://snapshot.debian.net>.

I'm a little confused here.
I was not able to download the package from there.

I found, searching openoffice these 2 lines
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool openoffice.org
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool openoffice.org

I added to sources.list and tried dpkg and apt-get but they say that
there is no package named openoffice.org-impress_2.0.3-6
Mybe I'm doing something wrong

There is any kind of information on how to use snapshot.debian.net?

> -- Brad

Mirto

Mirto Silvio Busico 		ICT Consultant
Tel. +39 333 4562651