Re: Install on HP Pavilion DV6119US?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 11:06:05PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Secondly, when I try to resize the 65.5 GB NTFS partition at all, the Debian
> > Installer (Etch Beta 3) accepts my input (either 50%% or 30 GB, or various
> > other numbers I tried), but then returns instantly to the previous screen
> > with the NTFS partition still sized at 65.5.
>
> This typically means that ntfsresize has failed, one common cause is if the
> windows partition is dirty due to windows not being shut down cleanly. Try
> booting back into windows and shutting down cleanly. You can also play with
> ntfsresize on the command line.
>
> (Obviously the installer is missing a proper error message here.)

does ntfsresize support moving windows paging files? I ran into this a
couple years ago, but haven't hjad to mess with it lately to know if
its been fixed. I had to boot into windows and turn off virtual memory
(and maybe then reboot windows again, sheesh). to get the page files
wiped out so the partition could be resized properly. might help.