Re: non-free

On Thursday, 12. October 2006 13:13, Roger Johansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please tell me the difference between:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> and
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib
>
> I have the last one in my sources.list, should i change it to include
> non-free too?
No. you can remove the "non-non-free" line because both main and contrib are
included in the upper line.
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
Means you fetch packages from stable's upgrades, components main, contrib and
non-free.
The second line just tells the same without the non-free so main and contrib
are redundant info and therefore not needed.

--
-=[JT]=-

Green light in A.M. for new projects.  Red light in P.M. for traffic tickets.