Re: Debian-friendly ISP in Milwaukee area?

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 06:43:33PM -0500, Jeffrey Rolland wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> In my recent posting, I have stated that I am trying to log onto a
> dial-up ISP that doesn't support Linux, and requested help. I do not
> hold out much hope for help, so I'd like to try another avenue.
>
> Does any one know of a standard, $10/month dial-up ISP with local
> access numbers in Milwaukee, WI that officially supports Linux
> (hopefully even Debian)?
>
> (Actually, we are supposedly already signed up for AT&T high speed
> internet, but they are not hooked up in our neighborhood yet, and
> have no time frame for when they will be hooked up in our neighborhood.)
>
> Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

I am not sure about their prices on dialup, but I can't recommend
Speakeasy highly enough.  Their service is top notch and they are very
*nix friendly.  Heck, grace, their shell server cluster, runs Sarge.

roberto@miami:~$ ssh el_cubano@grace.speakeasy.net 'cat /etc/debian_version'
3.1

Regards,

-Roberto