Re: firefox won't start

nice trick, but does not work for me :(. I tried all combinations of
removing:
- Reset toolbars/controls
- Reset bookmarks to Firefox defaults
- Reset all user preferences...

When I tried to use "reportbug" with firefox, I got this
useful hint:

If you get crashes and none of the above hints did avoid
the crash, please first try to remove plugins from
the /usr/lib/firefox/plugins, /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins
and ~/.mozilla/plugins directories.

Firefox was crashing for me in debian unstable, when I used
the "composite" option in Xorg. It was because of the Flash
Plugin.

I had to start firefox like this[1].

XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 firefox

Try to move the plugins out of the way and tell us whether it
works or not.

Regards.

[1].http://macromedia.mplug.org/faq.html

--