Re: firefox won't start

On 10/03/2006 08:07 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
For some reason I cannot get firefox to start...
Here is the output of :
$ strace firefox (*)

I am sending this email from galeon so I don't think there is anything
wrong with my internet connection.

Thanks !
-M
System: debian testing, 2.6.17-2-686,

$ firefox --version
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2006 mozilla.org

(*)
[...]

I don't know how to read strace output, but I can suggest that you attempt to start Firefox (FX) in safe mode:

$ firefox -safe-mode

This starts FX with the default theme and no extensions. It can be used to determine if a problem is theme or extension related.

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net