Re: New to Debian Installation

Sara thompson <mhiclubhouse@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>   I'm new to the Debian Linux System and I ordered a 15 disc set from 0_bits.com.
>   There is no installation guide and I have installed the first disc opting for no network and no internet and I am at the point of entering my password and getting a prompt and I am wondering how to install the second disc.
>   Please help me if you can as I would like to put this system on several training computers for a non-profit concern.
>
>   Sincerely
>   Tony

Most of Debian's docs are on the net. For a basic installation guide
you can use this:

http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Installing_Debian_on_a_small_partition

It's been some time since I installed Sarge, but I think the sources
(for package installation) are setup later. BTW, you won't need to scan
all 15 disks unless you have very specialized needs. For a typical
desktop, the first 2 will be enough. Just select the 'Desktop' task and
you should be good to go.

HTH
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)