Replying on list [Was:] Re: Swap

"Gudjon I. Gudjonsson" <gudjon@mc2.chalmers.se> wrote:

> > FYI, you should reply to the full list, not to a poster only, as others
> > may be interested in the question and answer.
> If I'm not sure of what I'm saying I try to minimise the traffic on the list
> by sending a private message, asking for a reply on the list if it makes
> sense.

Your questions get answered much faster if you reply on list. There are
thousands of subscribers all around the world, so this works sometimes
better then some 24/7 support services I know. Considering the high
traffic here, one mail more or less doesn't count and many of us
prefer not to receive direct mails (not even CCs, unless specifically
requested). As for asking questions, you could (should) read this as a
guideline: www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)