Re: manage multiple debian machines

Steve Kemp wrote:
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 04:27:48PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

www.webmin.com

  That doesn't scale much more than ssh'ing into multiple machines
 and running repetivite tasks.  For 10 machines it could work if you
 were patient.  For 50 it would not.
Umm... it's client-server web based and can be set up where one machine can monitor others and kick of automated alarms.

Granted it's not that useful for replicating configurations, but it's a pretty good monitoring solution - I have a couple of machines doing mutual monitoring and sending email alerts when things go down. Nagios might also be good for this, though I haven't played with it personally.

  Plus it has been removed from testing/Etch + unstable ...
Now that's a bit more significant problem, unless it builds cleanly from source.

Miles