Re: Minimal X-Windows Setup

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 12:24:10PM -0400, Stephen Yorke wrote:

> All,
>
> I am looking for a basic X-Windows setup&I have tried several things but I am
> just not getting it.
>
> Does anyone have some sort of package list which will get me a BASIC/MINIMAL X
> setup.  Anytime I do anything with X-WINDOW-SERVER-* I get tons of dependencies
> and I do not want them.
>
> Mainly, I want an X setup which will allow me to view an X session log in with
> GDM and have Fluxbox as my window manager.  Maybe I am going about it all wrong
> but I know I am going through hell trying to figure it out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Stephen
Hi Stephen,
'x-window-system-core' < 'x-window-system', so install the former.
but it maybe the dpkg front-end that you are using that is adding
'suggests'. aptitude normally adds this, so you may see more things
being downloaded. So checkout the aptitude options to turn this off and
it will install less things.
HTH,
Kev
ps. what commnd are you using to install this, if this is not the case?