Minimal X-Windows Setup

All,

I am looking for a basic X-Windows setup…I have tried several things but I am just not getting it.

Does anyone have some sort of package list which will get me a BASIC/MINIMAL X setup.  Anytime I do anything with X-WINDOW-SERVER-* I get tons of dependencies and I do not want them.

Mainly, I want an X setup which will allow me to view an X session log in with GDM and have Fluxbox as my window manager.  Maybe I am going about it all wrong but I know I am going through hell trying to figure it out.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen