Custom package fails to install as a dependency, works otherwise

I have a custom package that I use for new installs (base package) which
has a couple of dependencies. One of these dependencies fails to install
properly and I'm stumped.

lintian report for the package listed as a dependency in the base package:
# lintian binary/fci-software-3ware-tools_1.1-2_i386.deb
E: fci-software-3ware-tools: no-copyright-file
W: fci-software-3ware-tools:
description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
W: fci-software-3ware-tools: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/sbin/tw_cli
.comment
E: fci-software-3ware-tools: statically-linked-binary ./usr/sbin/tw_cli

fcs21:~# ls -l /usr/sbin/tw_cli
ls: /usr/sbin/tw_cli: No such file or directory
fcs21:~# dpkg -L fci-software-3ware-tools
/.
/usr
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/tw_cli
/usr/sbin/tw_sched
/usr/share
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man8
/usr/share/man/man8/tw_cli.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/tw_sched.8.gz

If I 'apt-get remove/install fci-software-3ware-tools', the package will
install properly and the above files are present. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator