Re: md5sum problem

S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 11:59, Marty wrote:
[snip]
>> > my isp use simple windows Xp internet connection sharing.
>> > Is the windows connection sharing is the problem ???
>>
>> Does that mean you are using a VPN or other kind of IP tunneling?  It
>> should prevent such problems.
>
> i am using this connection for only my personal use.

I meant your ISP connection, and since you mentioned "connection sharing" I
thought it might be a VPN connection.  If it's not, then why not? since it
would likely solve the problem (but I am not familiar with it myself.)

>> > btw, i use only a 128 kbps connection, so i need to use resume to
>> > download CD.
>>
>> What does ifconfig report about your receive error rate?  TCP and UDP
>> alone cannot handle high error rates in the data link layer.
>
> shanazsoft:/home/ibrahim/works# ifconfig
> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:E0:4C:31:46:04
>           inet addr:192.168.0.18  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
>           inet6 addr: fe80::2e0:4cff:fe31:4604/64 Scope:Link
>           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:37407 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:36535 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:342 txqueuelen:1000
>           RX bytes:29822080 (28.4 MiB)  TX bytes:9726283 (9.2 MiB)
>           Interrupt:209 Base address:0x9000

It looks fine.  If by this you mean that you have an ethernet connection to
a router/modem or other device, then I don't see much you can do with
Debian if the problem exists beteen the router and the ISP.  If you give