Problems installing Netbeans...

I develop Java programs on Debian, and I thought I'd try getting
Netbeans installed. (I'm currently using Eclipse.) I know there isn't
a Debian package for Netbeans yet, so I thought that I would try
installing directly from the .bin file provided for Linux at the
Netbeans site.

The instructions say that Java 1.4 is required for the installer to
work. I have installed the 1.4 JDK using the Blackdown packages.
However, I can't seem to get the installer to find the JDK
installation. Here is the command I use to execute the installer:

/home/myuser/programs/netbeans/neatbeans-5_5-beta2-linux.bin
-is:javahome /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/

I've tried several different paths as the value of the javahome
argument, including:

javahome /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin
javahome /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre
javahome /usr/lib/j2se
javahome /usr/lib/j2se/1.4

None of them seem to work.

What exactly is the "path to the JDK" that is needed by the installer.
Can anyone help me get Netbeans up and running on Debian?

Scott Huey