Re: Single outgoing ip address

On 26.09.06 00:35, SH wrote:
> I have a test machine running Debian Sarge. The box has a single
> ethernet card, and has several ip addresses (10.10.10.50/21) aliased to
> it. The extra addresses are used by Apache for  different vhosts.

quite common setup, but name-based vhosts are used much more last ~7 years

> Whenever I try to access Internet using this box our gateway denies
> access, complaining about ip spoofing (one MAC address, several
> different ip addresses).

That's braindead setup, I would recommend fixing the gateway.

> How do I configure Debian to only use one of the ip addresses when
> communicating with other machines?

It's standard way how linux works, unless you explicitly configured it
different way.

However the gateway will report problems wny time packet from different IP
will pass through it...

There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller