Re: debian forum

On 9/25/06, Everett Attebury <everettattebury@gmail.com> wrote:

I made a bookmarklet to search the debian-user list.  Just make a
bookmark, copy this javascript and paste it into the bookmark's
location field, and name it "Search debian-user list"

javascript:Qr=document.getSelection();if(!Qr){void(Qr=prompt('Search
debian-user for:',''))};if(Qr)location.href='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Alists.debian.org+debian-user+'+escape(Qr)+'&btnG=Google+Search'

I made this using the Make Search Bookmarklet tool at
http://www.bookmarklets.com/mk.phtml

Try it it's easy.

After testing it, I found that I was getting lots of results from
other language lists, such as debian-user-french@lists.debian.org, so
I made this one which should only return English language results:

javascript:Qr=document.getSelection();if(!Qr){void(Qr=prompt('Search
debian-user@lists.debian.org:',''))};if(Qr)location.href='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Alists.debian.org+%22debian-user%40lists.debian.org%22+'+escape(Qr)+'&btnG=Google+Search'