Re: last attempt with pan newsreader

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:44:06 +0000 (UTC)
"Arthur Marsh" <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> wrote:

> Has anyone persisted with the pan newsreader. I'm about to ditch it after
> a few reportbug submissions /-: for problems including lockups.

What version/ distribution? Pan worked OK here, but the version that's
in debian now would lock up reading some largish newsgroups - it's
memory requirements are tremendous.

The more recent beta builds (they release weekly snapshots on
pan2.rebelbase.com) may work better for you. They are not that
difficult to build on etch.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.