Re: must run alsaconf alll the time for sound to work

Hi again list

Pollywog, you seem to be right on the mark. I added the

snd_pcm_oss

to /etc/modules. Just be sure I did it right, I rebooted and ran alsaconf. I've been switching between different audio-using apps since, and I still got sound at Skype and Wine. So if this keeps up, yeah. I will keep checking today, and in case it goes bad againm I will repost here.

Mpeg123 was a typo, shoukd have been mpg321 wich is available trhough apt. Silly me.

Thanks a bundle to all, cheers Vegard

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

ide-cd
ide-disk
ide-generic
psmouse
nvidia
snd_pcm_oss

~
~

On 23/09/06, Nelson Castillo < nelsoneci@gmail.com> wrote:
> At my Etch-system, some of my programs need for alsaconf to be run before I
> start the program, in order to get the sound to work. This does not apply to
> all progs (native KDE/Gnome progs do not need this, example. k3b, noautun,
> gaim). Of the programs I use daily, it is Skype, Wine and some linux games
> that need alsaconf before start.

Same here, running Debian unstable.
I use gnome at the desktop, and Gaim and Amarok don't work
unless I run alsaconf first.

--
http://arhuaco.org
http://emQbit.com