must run alsaconf alll the time for sound to work

Hi list.

At my Etch-system, some of my programs need for alsaconf to be run before I start the program, in order to get the sound to work. This does not apply to all progs (native KDE/Gnome progs do not need this, example. k3b, noautun, gaim). Of the programs I use daily, it is Skype, Wine and some linux games that need alsaconf before start.

I have no idea of where to look for the source of the problem, except one: may it be a conflict, another process blocking the sound, wich is then turned off when running alsaconf. If you have any ideas of how to locate the problem, please tell me. I'm still new to this...

Thanks in advance, cheers Vegard.