Re: good personal information manager

James Richardson wrote:

Hi,
I have been searching for a good personal information manager that
will run on GNU/Linux, unsecessfully.

What I am looking for is something that works mostly like franklin
planner for windows...

I need a good todo list manager, appoinment manager, task manager,
contact manager and the ability to sync with a palm type pda.... It
would be really slick if it could integrate with mutt and emacs and
not require KDE.

I think I have tried most of the ones in sarge that didn't require KDE
and they are not what I am looking for. I feel sure something must
exist somewhere....

Since you say that you have used most of the ones in Sarge, you may have tried it already, but I use jpilot for syncing my Handspring Visor. It has all the standard Palm PIM stuff so that you can edit the files and sync back to your PDA. It may not have a lot of bells and whistles, but it does what I need it to do, and it does not require any KDE, or GNOME libs to do it.

HTH

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail