Re: df and du disagree, or "How to get 1.1GB of data onto a 650MB CD"

-------- Original Message --------
From: Rob Sims <deb-lists-z@robsims.com>
To: re2823@Safe-mail.net
Subject: Re: df and du disagree, or "How to get 1.1GB of data onto a 650MB CD"
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:41:09 -0600

>> I also have an empty directory:
>> poota:~# ls -l temp/
>> total 0
>>
>> Then I mount the iso, loopback style:
>> mount image.iso temp/ -o loop

>What is the file system? Is it a compressed file system? Also, ls -l
>won't show you all files in temp; try ls -al, though that isn't the
>problem here.

Hi Rob. The filesystem that provides the mount point is ext3. As
for the iso file, "file" says that it's just "ISO 9660 CD-ROM
filesystem data. Once the iso is mounted (using loopack),
/proc/mounts says "/dev/loop0 /root/temp iso9660 ro 0 0" so I
assume the iso file really is just straight iso9660.

Jaime