Re: usb stuff now working in Debain (Re: Debian Love)

Mike McCarty wrote:

My girlfriend has a Sony Mavica MVC FD200 with Flash Memory
cards. The card reader is a Dazzle USB card reader. It mounts
just fine with Windows XP, but does not mount with Debian.

The type is

SanDisk 128 mg SDMS 0343SD7

hmm .. so, she is trying to read the memory stick with a USB card reader. Well, we can discuss this in a new thread, but I can read a Sony memory stick without any problems on a USB card reader (Sandisk, Imagemate 6 in 1). This is on Debian Etch running 2.6.16 kernel. The stick appears as an icon on desktop in Gnome and KDE.

If we're going to get into this, we probably need to start another
thread. Actually, it's more pressing to get rid of the horrible
mouse she's having to use.

Yup, please start another thread.

And, er, apologies if I missed some facts in my last response.

->HS