Re: Using a debian desktop as a remote boot server?

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 11:29:42PM -0300, Bruno Buys wrote:

> Thanks for the good news, Roberto! Just one more thing: do the terminals
> need the eth remote boot function? I don't think my dinosaurs have this...

In general, yes.  However, LTSP has links to places where you can
download boot floppy/cdrom images which will allow your machines to
netboot.  If not, you can install a minimalist linux distro with just
enough to get network drivers going and then it can sort of "reboot"
from the network.  All of this should be documented in the LTSP wiki.
Though, it may take some work to get through all the documentation, I
recommend you read it through at least once prior to starting.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez