Using a debian desktop as a remote boot server?

    Is it possible to use a debian sarge dektop as a remote boot server?
Please notice the desktop was installed without this use in mind, its a
rather conventional desktop, with lots of multimedia apps, office
software and personal files. And I'd like to keep using it this way
after installing the necessary remote-boot packages, if this is possible.
    We have two 'somewhat-current' desktop debian sarge machines, and
two very-old-but-working pc's lying around that may fit well as a thin
client. I'm trying to simplify maintenance tasks here (specially
backup), and maybe save energy. Last bills have raised this concern.
This is my config:

Currently:

frank (my desktop and to-be remote boot server):

Abit KV8-pro with 1GB ram (ram can improve if necessary)
gigabit ethernet via-velocity
AMD Sempron 3400+ 'Hammer family' 754
bttv card
Samsung 80GB sata I hdd (if the other desktop can be removed, I'll have
a second samsung hdd)

totoro (my girlfriend's):

Abit KV7 with 256MB
gigabit ethernet
Athlon XP 2000+ socket A
Samsung 80GB IDE hdd

gigante (first very-old-pc and currently unused):

Unknown Mobo with AMD K6-350 and 64MB ram (maybe I can dig an extra
128MB for it)
Realtek PCI ethernet

marcio (second very-old-pc):

PCChips mobo with a Pentium II 300 and 64MB ram
Realtek PCI Ethernet

If I remove totoro and deploy gigante, looking for boot in frank, is
this going to work well? Will the energy save be significant?

thanks and sorry for all the blablabla.