issues with ipw2100 on a thinkpad

Hello,

I have just recently started having an issue with my wireless connection
on my Thinkpad.  I am afraid that this might be a hardware problem, but
I thought someone else might have seen this as well.

The wireless nic is an ipw2100.  Sometimes I lose the ability to connect
to my smtp and nntp servers.  I can connect to http, but anything else
gives me dns lookup errors.  If I bring the interface down and then back
up, it does not help, but restarting the access point before ifdown/ifup
will set things straight for a bit.

I first thought it was the access point, but if I use my wavelan pcmcia
card everything works fine with no need to restart the AP.

I am using the 1.3 version of the firmware on a 2.6.15-1-686 Debian
kernel on testing.

Thanks for any insight.  Pointers to relevant information is always
welcome.

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Life is like a diaper -- short and loaded.