Re: arts / CPU overload, Debian Etch, KDE 3.5.4

On 19:12 Mon 18 Sep     , Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> Bernd Kloss wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > what is the reason for the warning 'CPU overload' by artsd-Server? No sound running, no multimedia.
> >
> > What can be done?
> >
> > Thank You

> > Viren-Scan für Ihren PC! Jetzt für jeden. Sofort, online und kostenlos.
> > Gleich testen! http://www.pc-sicherheit.web.de/freescan/?mc=022222
> >

> Are you using a Via onboard card? I was using that in conjunction with a
> sb live, and had similar problems. Adding this line to my
> /etc/modprobe.d/sound:
> options snd_via82xx dxs_support=5
> Solved the problem for me. Hope it works for you too.
>
> Sjoerd

I am running sid on a g4 ibook and i get the same error message from KDE,
a popup window says
sound server fatal error cpu overload aborting
with  artsmessage on window.

although  I have sound working fine anyway...

when i look in the information center it tells me it is a
powermac snapper duplex sound device. whatever that means

if i look for via devices -

mlaks@debian:~$ dmesg|grep via
via-pmu: Server Mode is disabled
PMU i2c /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/via-pmu@16000/pmu-i2c

Can you explain what the crash is and what the dxs_support=5 means?

Thanks