Re: spamcop

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:01:38 -0500, "Seth Goodman"
<sethg@GoodmanAssociates.com> wrote:

>> require matching DNS, forward and reverse

> it is not strictly RFC-compliant

Though not saying MUST, there is an RFC that recommends it.  Which
one, is a good exercise for the reader.

> some large servers won't use it.

I don't know of any.  But if there really are some sending legitimate
mail, I would be interested in collaborating to maintain a whitelist
of them.  Need to be LARGE though, to be worthwhile.

> dnsbl.njabl.org is a subset of xbl.spamhaus.org

According to spamhaus website, they only use the open proxy subset
from njabl: 127.0.0.9.

When I query njabl, I consider:

  127.0.0.2 -- open relays
  127.0.0.4 -- spam Sources
  127.0.0.8 -- insecure formmail.cgi
  127.0.0.9 -- open proxy servers

And since I query njabl first, I may as well use the open proxy
information from the original source, instead of spamhaus second hand
copy.