Re: gnome+main menu+shutdown

debianista.deb wrote:

hey

I would like to know what are the commands behind shutdown and logout at the main menu applet (GNOME) or where can I see that? please

thanks
regards
debianista.deb

The dialogs that come up are part of the GNOME desktop functionality. When you logout of GNOME, it closes the session and exits X so that another user can log in. I believe GNOME uses gdm (Gnome Display Manager) for "switching users", so again, this is just part of the GNOME desktop functionality.

As far as shutting down, behind the dialogs that come up, I would imagine that gnome uses "shutdown" (the command) for rebooting and shutting down. HTH.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque