Re: gnome+main menu+shutdown

debianista.deb wrote:

yeah thanks for reply ;)

yes it is, gnome uses gdm to logoff and shutdown, but I would like to know how can I open that dialogs from the console ? please

thanks
debianista.deb

I don't understand exactly what you are asking so I'll answer in the following way:

If you want to write programs with similar dialogs, etc., you would have to learn 1) a programming language (like C/C++, Python, Perl, etc.) and 2) How to use GTK which is the GUI Library used to write GNOME.

On the other hand, if you are asking if you can "access" this functionality from the command line, I would say: I don't think this is possible.

My suggestion to you would be:

1) Take the time to learn a little more about what you're asking. Research GNOME, GTK, etc. The net has a lot of info on this if you search (ie. google).

2) Take a little more time to learn about your system and how it works. The commands 'man' and 'info' are very helpful as is also the system documentation in /usr/share/doc/. The debian.org site has docs on how debian works and is administered and this mail list will give little bits of info that might also help.

Learning about what your asking will help you greatly and prepare you for being able to achieve what you're looking for.

I hope this helps you.  Take care.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque