Re: Using wine w/ Lotus Notes

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 09:43:55AM +0500, Dmitri Minaev wrote:
> On 9/18/06, Romulo Sousa <romulosousa@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I use Notes on my job and I could emulate it using wine.
> >Unfortunatelly, an expected termination is happening when I open
> >emails w/ some attached files. Can somebody tell me please how I can
> >fix it?
>
> Sorry for not being able to address your problem, but I used to run
> Notes under Wine for a couple of months, and multiple problems (mostly
> with the Cyrillic characters) made me to forget about Wine and to run
> Notes through Windows terminal services instead, which I consider to
> be a more comfortable and reliable solution.

According to the winehq database, several versions of Notes work with Wine.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=27

Links from there will give you tips for installing and using the various
versions.

I can't try it at the moment, I no longer work for a company that uses
Notes.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!