Two seat pc [was Re: install nvidia for latest debian kernel]

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote, On 17/09/06 05:33:
Derek wrote:
I use the nvidia installer,never had a broken system,dunno where you got those instructions from.Just download the nvidia installer,run it and you should be good to go(assuming you have all the stuff needed to compile the kernel module).

I agree. I currently use NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8762-pkg1.run on a sid two-seater (2 videocards, monitors, keybds, mice) and it is solid as a rock. Has never failed. Am suspending with it currently. This is with kernel 2.6.17-ck1 + suspend2-2.2.7.5-for-2.6.17

How much tweaking away from a standard Debian kernel and OS did you need to do to support 2 video cards, monitors, keyboards and mice? Is there a specific guide on how to do this on Debian?

The furthest I have done in that direction was adding a second mouse (which worked (-:).

Arthur.