GNOME update and mouse cursor

Hello.

I've been using mixed GNOME for some time -- 2.8+2.12+2.14 etc.
Yesterday I updated all the GNOME packages to 2.14, and got some mouse
problems.
I'm using a graphic tablet, and the mouse is on the left, and is
configured to be left-handed.
In GNOME 2.8, it all worked fine, but in 2.14, GNOME began to apply the
mouse settings to the tablet pen, so it's become left-handed (I had to
guess the settings to make the buttons act correctly, because they've
just mixed up), and the mouse acceleration become applied to it, thus
rendering absolute positioning incorrect.
I've turned off the acceleration now, but then the mouse is very slow.

Also I've managed to touch the cursor settings. The cursor was black
before, and now it is white and with a misguiding shadow under it.

What should I do to make the acceleration applied only to the mouse, and
the cursor be black?

kernel 2.6.16-2-k7
tablet Wacom Graphire4 4x5
the wacom driver that was the latest one at the end of September
PS/2 mouse (Genius Netscroll Eye)
latest Xorg from testing