Re: GNOME update and mouse cursor

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 20:40 +0400, Aleksej wrote:
> I've been using mixed GNOME for some time -- 2.8+2.12+2.14 etc.
> Yesterday I updated all the GNOME packages to 2.14, and got some mouse
> problems.
> I'm using a graphic tablet, and the mouse is on the left, and is
> configured to be left-handed.
> In GNOME 2.8, it all worked fine, but in 2.14, GNOME began to apply the
> mouse settings to the tablet pen, so it's become left-handed (I had to
> guess the settings to make the buttons act correctly, because they've
> just mixed up), and the mouse acceleration become applied to it, thus
> rendering absolute positioning incorrect.
> I've turned off the acceleration now, but then the mouse is very slow.
>
> Also I've managed to touch the cursor settings. The cursor was black
> before, and now it is white and with a misguiding shadow under it.
>
> What should I do to make the acceleration applied only to the mouse, and
> the cursor be black?

Hi,

GNOME 2.14 supports cursor themes and uses the industrial theme by
default. You can install other themes and change them from the Mouse
control panel in the Preferences.

I suggest you file a bug in the GNOME Bugzilla (control-center product,
mouse component) and describe your problems and use case. Maybe mouse
properties should be applied on a device basis.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson