getting nforce4 NIC to work with forcedeth driver.

I have a Biostar T6100+amd64 setup and I tried netinst image for amd64 about a month ago and it could not get the nforce4 NIC to work. It will identify load the forcedeth driver but nothing would happen after that. I can see eth0 but it would not get address from dhcp server. Even if I assign manual address, I cannot use it. BTW, the same machine boots XP64 fine and the NIC works as expected with standard nvidia XP64 dirver.

I am wondering if things have changed and I should try getting new image. Or something is specifically wrong with my MB that prevents forcedeth to work properly in linux. Any ideas? Opinions?

Regards
Ramesh