Re: Configuring mdadm - Initialise superblock warning

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clive Menzies" <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: Configuring mdadm - Initialise superblock warning

I'm no RAID expert but it sounds as though the upgrade hasn't recognised
the existing RAID setup and is trying to create a new one, which could
lose your data.

If you look at man mdadm you should be able to reassemble the existing
array.  I found these sites useful in setting up  RAID:
# http://rootraiddoc.alioth.debian.org/
# http://juerd.nl/site.plp/debianraid
# http://xtronics.com/reference/SATA-RAID-Debian.htm

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business

Hi Clive,

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

I rebooted the machine after the dist-upgrade and it seems to be running fine. Maybe it was just whinging... (?)

-Duncan