Re: inetd or xinetd

On 11.09.06 19:51, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> But I wonder why netbase depends on inetd.

because many packages depending on netbase depends on it because of inetd
(inetd was some time ago in netbase). See:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=154441;archive=yes

However they imho should not depend on it. Maybe debian should introduce
pseudo-packages like internet-superserver or maybe tcp-superserver and
udp-superserver (for things like couriertcpd or tcpserver that only provide
tcp superserver)

then used against you.