Re: gcc-4.1

On 9/12/06, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:32:09PM +0800, Rocky Ou wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Thanks for your reply but it still not doing the work.
>
> lover@YUNNAN:~$ gcc good.c
> gcc: good.c: No such file or directory
> gcc: no input files
> lover@YUNNAN:~$
>

> Can any of you help me please?

Hi Rocky,

just to double check:

gcc is a C compiler

the basic use is:

gcc myprog.c

where myprog.c is a C program, not an empty or non-existant file, and
the file name ends in .c as this extension implies that it is C source
code.

would it be possible to show us the output of 'ls -l good.c'?

would it be possible to show us the contents of the good.c file?

cheers,
Kev

Hey all,

Thank you very much for all of your reply and help! I really appreciate it.

I misunderstood the gcc I thout it would be some apps like xemacs. Now
I have the right idea.

You guys helped me as a newbie a lot!

Thanks again!