Re: debian unstable, stable enough?

Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> wrote:

> I will always maintain that people should be discouraged from using
> unstable.

I do agree. Especially the ones asking questions like the OP. Let's say
I know my way around computers, maybe even linux and I've been running
Debian stable, maybe even testing and now I'm curious about unstable.
I wouldn't rely on opinions from other people. The perspective might be
totally different. What I call "stable enough" might not be enough for
others. I would just install it (sid) in another partition and try it
out for myself for some time. And when it breaks eventually I repair it
(maybe with help from this list) w/o blaming someone else for the
damage. Like the LFS people say: "my distro, my rules", but also my
responsibility.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)