Problems with latest sid update

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with the latest dist-upgrade (did an etch ->
sid upgrade last night).

1) During boot, it says it cant mount /dev/shm

2) It seems to have completely lost it ability to automount modules (I'm
currently using a stock debian kernel, but have also tested on a custom
kernel).

3) X terminals dont work anymore, gnome-terminal gives "there was an
error creating the child process for this terminal".

I'm not sure if they are all somewhat related, but does anyone have
suggestions on how to fix it?

With regards,
Morten O. Hansen