Re: Email programs that work.

On 9/6/06, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> Still, there are some unpleasant problems I couldn't solve. The worst
> one was that Mutt downloads the whole message. That is, it does not
> support selective retrieval of MIME parts, AFAIU.

I do not know one single IMAP client which can do this...
Even under <brr>Windows</brr>

Pine has been doing this for years. Mulberry and Netscape/Mozilla
mail, too. I would say, it's a rather common feature of IMAP clients.

BTW, I have found this message from Elkins in the mutt-user mailing
list ( http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.mutt.user/7995 ):
I would like mutt to not automatically download the attachement when
they are too big.

There isn't any way to do this with Mutt.  It will always download the
entire message and parse it locally.  PINE might be a better option for
you if this is important.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev