Re: job scheduler for multi-core computers

Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Ron Johnson wrote:

>>> Umm, hmm?  I'm still confused as to the significance of "multi-core".
>>>
>>> Why can't you use the same job scheduler that ran/runs on your cluster?
>
> I have a intel minimac dual-core and I want to launch jobs on it:
> I guess I can use it as a two-cluster, and I am looking for
> a scheduler Debian package to do so.

We're still confused as to the relevance of whether it's a cluster,
dual-core or single-core.

>>> If that kind of JS is more focused on the needs of Beowulf-style
>>> clusters, and you need something general purpose, I don't think that
>>> you'll find any FOSS schedulers that are maintained or complete.
>>>
>>> Sadly, most people in "the community" can not contemplate a need for
>>> anything more complex than cron.
>>>

>> Too bad JES3
>
> what do JS, FOSS and JES3 mean ?

JS - Job Scheduler

FOSS - Free/Open Source Software

JES3 - Job Entry System 3 (the MVS & z/OS scheduler)

Have you Googled for "Linux Job Scheduler"?

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Is "common sense" really valid?