Dependencies with dh-make-perl for CPAN packages

Hi all!

I have found it very useful to use dh-make-perl to install CPAN packages
on Debian and derivatives, but there is one thing I can't get to work
well: dependencies. Makefile.PL does contain (or should anyway) the
distribution's dependencies, and I see that there is some code in the
dh-make-perl script that seems to be there to take advantage of it, but
it doesn't add anything to the package, it seems. Nor have I found any
documentation for it.

Are there any "user-level" documentation for dh-make-perl, or would one
need to read up on how maintainers work?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer